The Mutual Banking Code of Practice ('the Code') is the code of practice for Australia's mutual banks, credit unions and mutual building societies.
Mutual banks, credit unions and mutual building societies are a vital competitive force in Australia, offering fair and responsible financial solutions. Our Code is an important public expression of the value we place on improving the financial wellbeing of our individual customers and their communities. bankmecu believes that this code of practice establishes a strong benchmark for industry and is a clear statement of the commitment mutual banking institutions make to their customers.
Part C of the Code contains general principles or values applying to our customers, as well as the broader community, these are referred to as our '10 Key Promises to you' and bankmecu is committed in delivering these to our customers:
- We will be fair and ethical in our dealings with you
- We will focus on our members
- We will give you clear information about our products and services
- We will be responsible lenders
- We will deliver high customer service and standards
- We will deal fairly with any complaints
- We will recognise members rights as owners
- We will comply with our legal and industry obligations
- We will recognise our impact on the wider community
- We will support and promote the Mutual Banking Code of Practice
Copies of the Code are available through our Service Centres, via mail on request, or via the link below.
Download the Mutual Banking Code of Practice (1384KB PDF)