bankmecu supports online security measures
bankmecu encourages customers to stay secure online and commit to protecting their personal and financial information in recognition of National Cyber Security Awareness Week.
bankmecu is a strong advocate of Cyber Security Awareness Week which aims to help Australians using the internet – whether at home, the workplace or school – understand the simple steps they can take to protect their personal and financial information online.
Some of the top tips to combat cyber fraud include:
- Install and update your security software and set it to scan regularly.
- Turn on automatic updates on all your software, particularly your operating system and applications
- Use strong passwords and different passwords for different uses
- Stop and think before you click on links and attachments
- Take care when buying online - research the supplier and use a safe payment method
- Only download "apps" from reputable publishers and read all permission requests.
- Regularly check your privacy settings on social networking sites
- Stop and think before you post any photos or financial information online
- Talk with your child about staying safe online, including on their smart phone or mobile device
The Stay Smart Online website http://www.staysmartonline.gov.au/ has further information about what customers can do to help reduce cyber crime.
If you believe your bankmecu account has been compromised, contact us immediately on 132 888 or email email@example.com.