SMS Alerts is an ideal way for mobile phone users to access account information quickly and cost effectively. bankmecu now offers an SMS alert system that will send you the information you need when you need it.
Alerts can also be sent by email however email alerts are only available to users of Internet Banking.
To register for this service log on to Internet Banking and click on the following prompts. If you are not currently registered for Internet Banking contact a bankmecu consultant on 132 888 and they will assist with your registration.
- Log into Internet Banking
- Click on security tab on top orange menu
- Click on SMS alerts on left hand side menu
- Click on the Register button
i) Tick Yes to receive alert
ii) Enter mobile number to receive alerts
iii) Specify hours to receive alerts
iv) Select the account to which fees will be charged
v) Click save changes button
- Click on the drop down box to select the alerts you wish to receive
- Enter details of alerts you would like to receive
Note: If you do not wish to receive event triggered alerts but wish to use on demand alerts only simply follow steps 1 – 4 above.
You can setup your account so that an SMS text message or email will alert you when
- Direct credit is received and deposited to your account
- Direct debit has been paid from your account
- Account balance threshold. Set a high or low limit so that a message is sent whenever your account balance reaches that amount.
i) High limit – the balance of your account reaches the high amount you have selected.
ii) Low limit – the balance of your account reaches the low amount you have selected.
- Scheduled account balance. Setup an alert to notify you of your account balance on a regular basis. EG. Daily, weekly, fortnightly monthly etc.
bankmecu will charge a fee of $0.25 for each SMS alert message sent using this service.
SMS on demand requests
The SMS on demand feature allows you to receive an SMS text on request by you sending an SMS text message to 0428 862 909 from your mobile phone using a special code.
To generate an SMS on demand message:
- Start a new SMS text message
- Enter the short command code (as the text message) for the SMS you require (see below)
- Send the SMS text message to 0428 862 909
|Short Command||Alternative 1||Alternative 2||Information required|
||Balance Request - starting from first or nth account (includes available balance)
||Transaction History - starting from first or nth account
||Transaction History - credits only - starting from first or nth account
||Transaction History - debits only - starting from first or nth account
||Interest Earned/Paid Request - starting from first of nth account
||Call Me - Sends an email to the bankmecu to call customer during office hours
(n) = the number order that your account appears in the Account Balances page (e.g. if you want the balance of your 3rd listed account you would send an SMS containing the text B3).
B = Gives a balance for all accounts
B3 = Gives a balance for all accounts starting from the 3rd account
TXC2 = Gives a credit only transaction history starting from the 2nd account
I3 = Gives interest earned/paid starting from the 3rd account
When returning balance request information the system will return as many accounts as possible (within the 160 character limitation of SMS) from the starting account as indicated by (n). To enable as many accounts as possible to be sent the system will limit account descriptions to 25 characters.
When returning transaction history request information the system will return as many transactions as possible (within the 160 character limitation of SMS) for the requested account as indicated by (n). To enable as many transactions as possible to be sent the system will limit transaction descriptions to 30 characters.