To make general enquires or to transact on your accounts with the help of a bankmecu Consultant, simply call 132 888 (or for outside Australia +61 3 9854 4666). Our National Service Centre Consultants are available to assist you from 8:00am to 8:00pm (AEST), Monday to Friday.
The banking activities you may request and authorise over the telephone include:
- making general account enquiries
- obtaining account transaction details
- changing your address details
- transferring funds between your accounts and to other accounts
- opening and closing accounts
- altering, commencing or cancelling auto transfer (periodical payments) authorities
- altering existing payroll deduction or whole of pay break-up
- altering/providing renewal instructions or open a new Term Deposit
- partial or full redemption of a term deposit (fees may be applicable)
- ordering or cancelling lost, stolen or damaged cards
- requesting a stop payment for a customer cheque
- completing a mortgage redraw (minimum $500)
- sending a corporate cheque to your home address
- sending a facsimile of account transactions to a nominated fax number
- adding or deleting the sweep facility
- altering or cancelling direct debits
- altering the account linked to a rediCARD, rediCARD PLUS or VISA card
- electronic fund transfers (once-off payments), and
- other details as may be appropriate.
To transact on your accounts with the help of a bankmecu Consultant, you will require a Passcode. Without a Passcode, your access will be restricted to making general enquiries.
To nominate your personal Passcode, simply download the Telephone Banking Passcode application, complete and send it to bankmecu . Please note that your personal Passcode is similar to a Personal Identification Number (PIN) and as such, should not be disclosed to anyone.